Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Player Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

atrely

Rare Pika
Minecraft Username
rqex

Suggestion:
Player Reporting

Detailed description:
The player reporting method, is very outdated and inefficient in my opinion as it could be a lot better and faster with a few simple changes. First, the discord. Have a separate channel named #report (or something of the same nature, so other players know to use it) so we may post screenshots of chat offenses. The current system of reporting a player is very lengthy and by the time it may have been taken care of, the player may have done lots of damage already. (Figuratively) Forums, this could be easily changed by making something like a s seperate forums account that allows players to post on the status of the account, where we may post links of videos of players breaking the rules, or once more screenshots of chat offenses, etc.​

Reason(s):
Current system is very inefficient and outdated.​

UpperGround

Great Reporter
Could you explain why you feel this way?
Well its personal, ive been reporting here for a long time and im just too used to it, also i think the discord thing would be a mess, like i mean itd be flooded with a ton of reports and itd be hard to control

OP
OP
atrely

atrely

Rare Pika
Well its personal, ive been reporting here for a long time and im just too used to it, also i think the discord thing would be a mess, like i mean itd be flooded with a ton of reports and itd be hard to control
I understand your perspective of this.

MouraThat

Veteran
Minecraft Username
rqex

Suggestion:
Player Reporting

Detailed description:
The player reporting method, is very outdated and inefficient in my opinion as it could be a lot better and faster with a few simple changes. First, the discord. Have a separate channel named #report (or something of the same nature, so other players know to use it) so we may post screenshots of chat offenses. The current system of reporting a player is very lengthy and by the time it may have been taken care of, the player may have done lots of damage already. (Figuratively) Forums, this could be easily changed by making something like a s seperate forums account that allows players to post on the status of the account, where we may post links of videos of players breaking the rules, or once more screenshots of chat offenses, etc.

Reason(s):
Current system is very inefficient and outdated.
If they made a discord channel it may be very chaotic with lots of screenshots being posted
I do agree that there should be channel but it should be a channel where you can say 'player x is hacking' so online staff can go and spectate them

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
The current report system really doesn't need a change. I definitely wouldn't describe it as lengthy. You just go to the report section and press report a player. It already gives you sections to fill out and requires quite literally the most basic amount of information possible. Your name, their name, what they did, proof they did it. It's efficient and very easy for staff to tell which ones need to be looked at. It's also quite handy because if someone appeals, you have archived the evidence within the forums post, so it helps staff not just with reports, but with the inevitable ban appeals that follow.

The issue with running this through a discord channel is you lose a significant amount of organization. Staff can't tell what's been looked at or not in a discord channel, and people are likely to leave out information needed when they don't have the form to fill out. Also, the channel is likely to be spammed like crazy and I'd wager that 50% or so of the messages would just be along the lines of "<name> is hacking! ban them!", which doesn't help the staff at all. Sometimes the older method is still around because it's just the best. I don't see them ever actually implementing this

Old_Prophet

The Pika
"Forums, this could be easily changed by making something like a s seperate forums account that allows players to post on the status of the account, where we may post links of videos of players breaking the rules, or once more screenshots of chat offenses, etc. "

How exactly is that different from the current situation ? And WHY do you want that to be a separate account ? Having more then one account on the forums is illegal on Pika network. I understand that you don't want your friends to know that you report them, but then they should just not break the rules, right ?

MrFrenco

Veteran
IGN
MrFrenco
Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. Though, your suggestion has been denied. First of all, our Discord server is mainly meant to provide our playerbase with important information and updates through the announcements channels and for users to communicate with each other and to have fun. Yes, we also have a help lobby channel in which users can ask questions, but this is meant for practical questions and from there we often refer to report/ask for help on our forums, so we can handle everything more easily. Handling everything on Discord as well will lead to one big mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.